Spring / Spring MVC Interview questions
Explain the request flow and its lifecycle in Spring MVC.
- The request will be received by DispatcherServlet as the first step.
- DispatcherServlet gets the help of HandlerMapping and maps the @Controller class associated with the given request to delegate the request.
- So request gets transferred to the @Controller, and then @Controller will process the request by executing appropriate methods and returns ModeAndView object (contains both Model data and View name) back to the DispatcherServlet.
- Now DispatcherServlet send the model object to the ViewResolver to resolve and retrieve the actual view page.
- DispatcherServlet will pass the Model object to the View page to display the result and create the Response.
- Finally DispatcherServlet sends the response back to the browser.
More Related questions...