Java / Methods
Advantages of default method in Interface feature in Java 8.
- Using default methods for interfaces eliminates the need for utility classes, for example, the java.util.Collections utility class is not required when all of its methods are provided in the Collection interface itself as default methods.
- It helps in extending interfaces without the concern of breaking the implementation classes.
- Default methods in interfaces enhances the Collections API in Java 8 to support lambda expressions.
- Java interface default methods has bridged down the differences between interface and abstract class.
- Interface implementing concrete classes can choose which default method to override and can use interface default implementation itself.
More Related questions...