Java / Exception
Important methods of Java Exception Class.
Exception and all its subclasses doesnt provide any specific methods and all of the methods are defined in the base class Throwable.
- String getMessage() This method returns the message String of Throwable and the message can be provided while creating the exception through its constructor.
- String getLocalizedMessage() This method is provided so that subclasses can override it to provide locale specific message to the calling program. Throwable class implementation of this method simply use getMessage() method to return the exception message.
- synchronized Throwable getCause() This method returns the cause of the exception or null id the cause is unknown.
- String toString() This method returns the information about Throwable in String format, the returned String contains the name of Throwable class and localized message.
- void printStackTrace() This method prints the stack trace information to the standard error stream, this method is overloaded and we can pass PrintStream or PrintWriter as argument to write the stack trace information to the file or stream.
More Related questions...