DataStructures / System Design
Explain about "insecure upload/download" injection defect.
Uploading/downloading files in an insecure manner is a broad type of risk that covers path manipulation, data caching, file handling, malware and anti-virus, access control, and bandwidth concerns.
Path manipulation is a major concern. For this type of injection defect, untrusted data is used to construct the path to the resource. For example:
- Path manipulation for a download may allow unauthorized access to a resource.
- Path manipulation for a upload may allow a file to be placed on an unauthorized location covering up a legitimate resource.
- Path manipulation for an upload may allow an executable file to open up "back-doors".
- Do not use untrusted data in file paths or names; instead, use server-generated file paths and names.
- Restrict the application's access to its home directory and subdirectories, thereby leveraging the operating system's access controls.
- Normalize the path prior to validation and authorization checks when using untrusted data as part of a file path. Validate the path against a whitelist.
Dogecoin! Earn free bitcoins up to $250 now by signing up.
Earn bitcoins upto $250 (free), invest in other Cryptocurrencies when you signup with blockfi. Use the referral link: Signup now and earn!
Using BlockFi, don't just buy crypto - start earning on it. Open an interest account with up to 8.6% APY, trade currencies, or borrow money without selling your assets.
Invest now!!! Get Free equity stock (US, UK only)!
Use Robinhood app to invest in stocks. It is safe and secure. Use the Referral link to claim your free stock when you sign up!.
The Robinhood app makes it easy to trade stocks, crypto and more.
More Related questions...