DataStructures / System Design
Explain few load balancing algorithms that you know.
- Round Robin also called as "Next in Loop".
- Weighted Round Robin, similar to Round Robin, but some servers get a larger share of the overall traffic.
- In Source IP hash Connections are distributed to backend servers based on the source IP address. If a web node fails and is taken out of service the distribution changes. As long as all servers are running a given client IP address will always go to the same web server.
- Using Least connections, the load balancer monitors the number of open connections for each server and sends to the least busy server.
- Least traffic. The load balancer monitors the bitrate from each server and sends to the server that has the least outgoing traffic.
- Least latency. The load balancer makes a quick HTTP OPTIONS request to backend servers, and sends the request to the first server to answer.
Dogecoin! Earn free bitcoins up to $250 now by signing up.
Earn bitcoins upto $250 (free), invest in other Cryptocurrencies when you signup with blockfi. Use the referral link: Signup now and earn!
Using BlockFi, don't just buy crypto - start earning on it. Open an interest account with up to 8.6% APY, trade currencies, or borrow money without selling your assets.
Invest now!!! Get Free equity stock (US, UK only)!
Use Robinhood app to invest in stocks. It is safe and secure. Use the Referral link to claim your free stock when you sign up!.
The Robinhood app makes it easy to trade stocks, crypto and more.
More Related questions...