DataStructures / System Design
Explain few load balancing algorithms that you know.
- Round Robin also called as "Next in Loop".
- Weighted Round Robin, similar to Round Robin, but some servers get a larger share of the overall traffic.
- In Source IP hash Connections are distributed to backend servers based on the source IP address. If a web node fails and is taken out of service the distribution changes. As long as all servers are running a given client IP address will always go to the same web server.
- Using Least connections, the load balancer monitors the number of open connections for each server and sends to the least busy server.
- Least traffic. The load balancer monitors the bitrate from each server and sends to the server that has the least outgoing traffic.
- Least latency. The load balancer makes a quick HTTP OPTIONS request to backend servers, and sends the request to the first server to answer.
More Related questions...